Sunday, July 18, 2010

Changes

I've been meaning to put a blog up about future plans for sometime now but it never felt right, I guess that's a sign.

Many of you know that I decided to go back out and lead a World Race trip for 3-5 months in September. There was a lot that went into the decision and it was a difficult one to say the least. I made it a few months ago but it never felt right. To be honest, when I told people about it, I would say something like, "I don't want to do it at all but I'm hoping my heart will change before training camp."

It never got easier, my heart never changed, my heart wasn't in it. Could I have sucked it up for a few months and given it my all? Yeah. But would it be more appropriate to have someone with their heart in the right place leading? Absolutely.

I went back to the Lord and prayed about it and sought wise council. It was difficult but I felt release from my commitment and asked the World Race to release me as well. They were, as always, supportive and wanted what was best for me, I really appreciate that about them.

So I won't be leading another Race, right now. I start working construction tomorrow morning and am praying into a couple other longer term options. I'm still praying but feel like the Lord is leading me in the right direction. It's a hard transition and a big step in my life but I look forward to sharing it with you soon!!

Thank you so much for all of your support, I know all of this is easier because of everyone of you!
(Hua Hin, Thailand)

God is Love, Nothing is Impossible.

9 comments:

  1. love you Dan! i know you're doing what God wants you to do and i'm proud of you.
    miss you.
    JFB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are always in my prayers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you bro..proud of you for listening to Him and being the VOICE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited for you Dan! Something is stirring... I feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud of you bro, God bless the road He has you traveling on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're great, dan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude I am glad you didnt do it just to do it. I know that God has something for you that you will be All in for. I am pumped to have more time to catch up when I get home now.. selfish I know :) See in a couple months

    ReplyDelete
  8. so excited to see where God leads you next!!

    ReplyDelete