Saturday, January 1, 2011

my resolution...er, statement

i was talking to a friend last night and she asked me if i had any resolutions. i didn't. i haven't had one in a long time. i'm not really sure why but i think it's because i don't like to do things i know i won't be good at. i don't wanna fail. i don't wanna fall short of a goal. and honestly, i don't wanna look bad. so why would i make a resolution?

but last night, as i was laying in bed, i was thinking about it. i was thinking that i should come up with a theme or a vision for the year...like something that i could strive for...i thought about it for a bit but couldn't come up with anything. until this morning, when i saw what i had written in my notes from the denver christmas conference.

see, while at the conference, i heard about a study where 50 people over the age of 95 were asked, "what would you do differently if you lived life over again?" and these were the themes that emerged:
-risk more
-reflect more
-live for something that outlives me

"risk more, reflect more, live for something that outlives me"

that resonated with me. so thats my theme for 2011. i'm going to risk failure, i'm gonna take time to slow down and i'm gonna do something that will make an eternal impact. will you join me?

god is love, nothing is impossible.

5 comments:

  1. You are always so encouraging...I think that is a great theme for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in! Thanks for posting...pretty solid theme, much better than a resolution if you ask me!!

    ReplyDelete